The process of overcoming addiction is fraught with many obstacles. As such, access to therapeutic tools can help patients successfully navigate these challenges to achieve recovery. Individual therapy as a form of substance abuse treatment is an essential piece of the recovery puzzle. It’s part of a well-rounded approach that taps into the healing necessary to help avoid future triggers for addiction. Our individual therapy for addiction in Boynton Beach Florida is tailored to meet the unique needs of each patient, providing a safe and supportive environment for healing and growth.
Individual substance abuse treatment starts with acute drug or alcohol detox and extends, in many instances, into the aftercare component of an addiction treatment program. Moreover, individual therapy targets mental health issues that may feed into some of the behaviors that perpetuate addiction. This form of counseling helps you delve into your inner strength, allowing you to reach for sobriety.
What to Expect During Individual Therapy for Addiction Treatment
Individual therapy at addiction treatment centers may look different for each person due to differences in their life experiences. You can expect to start with an intake process that evaluates the timeline of your addiction, triggers, possible co-occurring mental illnesses and more. We’ll look at your personal background, including family history and interpersonal relationships, as well as any other factors contributing to your addiction.
You can expect a fully comprehensive approach to dealing with any issues that may be feeding your addiction to ensure successful treatment. We avoid taking a one-size-fits-all perspective with any of the therapeutic tools we employ to help you during your recovery journey.
The Benefits of Individual Therapy for Addiction
Individual therapy for substance abuse and mental health has numerous benefits that include:
- Safe environment: If you’re an individual who thrives on one-on-one conversations in a private setting, this form of therapy provides such a structure. This makes it easier for you to share sensitive aspects of your journey in a safe environment.
- Private therapist: You’ll be assigned your own private therapist that will provide a tailored treatment plan to your needs.
- Targeted goals: An individual therapist encourages you to set goals specific to your desires to grow as a person and helps plot out a road map to reach them.
Is Individual Therapy More Effective than Group Therapy?
One-on-one therapy is as effective as general group therapy, as both are part of the resources available during treatment. While group therapy provides a chance to develop camaraderie with other group members in the same situation, individual therapy focuses more on what you need for a successful recovery.
An individual therapy session can be more effective for those who may initially have trouble sharing their feelings in a group setting, though this is something that usually improves over the course of treatment. It’s also a good way to share more sensitive information with your therapist as you sort out some of the triggers and experiences that may have contributed to your addiction and drug or alcohol cravings.
The Different Treatment Styles of Individual Addiction Therapy
Because we try to customize each component of our addiction therapy program to the individuals who come to us for help, we rely on a variety of treatment types. Each has its own merits and may be used in conjunction with another therapy or other resources to support the recovery process.
Our team of seasoned professionals is well-versed in incorporating different forms of therapy into a well-rounded treatment plan that will set you up for success in your recovery from drug addiction.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most common individual therapy structures for those struggling with drug or alcohol use. It looks at the extent to which destructive and unhealthy ways of thinking may have contributed to your addiction. It also helps you determine how to overcome those dangerous behaviors so your recovery is as successful as possible.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dialectical behavior therapy specifically helps patients with stress management. This is one of the most common elements of addiction, uniquely targeted by this form of therapy. It teaches healthy coping mechanisms for stress and helps individuals learn how to manage their emotions more effectively. The goal is to stop using drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with challenges and instead choose healthier mechanisms that work in the long term.
What Are the Goals of Individual Therapy for Addiction?
- Better communication: Becoming a better communicator means learning how to say what you feel and ask for what you need. Individual therapy helps you learn the communication skills to do that.
- Understanding triggers: As you navigate recovery, knowing your triggers is an important part of that process. Individual therapy is a benefit because you not only pinpoint your triggers but also figure out ways to cope with them. This is especially important if you deal with mental health disorders.
- Learning to be present: Mindfulness and the art of being present will serve you well in recovery, as they teach you to avoid constantly looking back at your past. Individual therapy helps you focus on the future and be present in each success you have as you become healthier.
Receive Individual Therapy for Substance Abuse in Boynton Beach, FL
If you’re ready to reclaim your life and begin the road to recovery, the treatment center at Summit Detox is here to help. Individual therapy for substance abuse in Boynton Beach, FL, is just one component of our larger program for mental health services administration — all designed to support you when you need it most.
Our trained staff is here to support your journey. All you have to do is make the initial phone call and we’ll help with everything from that point forward. Call us today at (888) 995-5265 or click here to learn more about our Boynton Beach rehab.