What is detoxification?
Detoxification (“detox”) is the physiological or medicinal removal of a toxic substance from a living organism. Basically, it is the first step to becoming clean because it removes traces of drugs or alcohol from your body. When you are addicted to drugs or alcohol, detoxification is the only way an individual can cleanse the body and return to a normal state of chemical balance.
Why would I need a detox center?
Drug and/or alcohol detox is the best way to help severe forms of addiction. Numerous studies have shown that ridding the body of the toxins of substance abuse, and entering into a substance abuse rehabilitation program, directly contributes to a successful recovery from substance addiction.
Why can’t I detox myself?
Many addictive substances may produce a “rebound” effect. Original symptoms can return even when the original cause is removed. For example, many addicts experience rebound depression. When a person has been addicted to alcohol, ecstasy, amphetamines, opiates and other drugs, they increase the risk of long-term depression, which can result in suicidal tendencies. Detox should only be administered by trained professionals.
Summit Detox Addiction Treatment Options:
- Benzodiazepines and barbiturates
We also help with intervention services, chronic pain management and other addiction-related conditions.
How does the admissions process work?
You can begin by contacting admissions. We will verify insurance, collect any out-of-pocket costs, and coordinate travel. If you are coming through an external referral, we can coordinate with them.
What do I need to know before I arrive?
Upon arrival, you should sign a release for your family, so we can confirm your presence in treatment to them.
You will probably be concerned about the length of your stay. This is dependent upon the pace of your recovery. However, the average stay is 5 to 7 days.
With any medications you receive, medical and clinical staff will ensure you understand the reason you are being given them.
What should I bring?
- Your ID and insurance info
- Comfortable clothes
- Personal hygiene items
- Prescribed medications, such as for the heart or blood pressure
- Literature, magazines, books
Will insurance cover my costs?
We will need to review your insurance and determine your benefits. We also offer medical financing options as well.
What is Summit Detox?
Summit Detox is a 20-bed medical facility that provides for the safe and comfortable detoxification from alcohol and drugs including heroin, opioids, and benzodiazepines. Located in sunny Boynton Beach, Florida, near the intra-coastal waterway and the Atlantic Ocean, we serve clients 18 years and older from around the country. We are the first step in living a healthy and sober life.
How can Summit Detox help me?
We offer an effective treatment program by combining the most advanced medical procedures with innovative natural remedies that minimize withdrawal symptoms in a safe, nurturing environment. Our staff of expert medical professionals and drug detox specialists are available to assist you, monitor the withdrawal process, and ensure withdrawal is handled as safely as possible.
Treatment may include the use of pharmaceutical medications to alleviate withdrawal symptoms to ease your journey to sobriety. Sometimes clients can wean their body naturally by gradually reducing certain substances. The specific detox treatment that is best for you depends on the type of drug/alcohol you used, length of addiction, and your general health and wellbeing.
What benefits will I receive from your services?
- A medically supervised stable detox, including a vitamin regiment that ensures you are not over- or under-medicated for a safe and comfortable detox. This enables you to be in the best frame of mind to accept continuing treatment.
- 24/7 medical supervision, caring staff, comfortable rooms
- A foundation for recovery
What can I expect from Summit Detox?
- Competent, caring, committed medical staff, many of whom are in recovery, so they can relate to your experience
- Being treated with dignity, respect, and understanding
- Clean, safe and nurturing environment
- Regular group therapy
- Promotion of the ultimate goal of abstinence; we don’t support trading one drug for another
What unique services does Summit Detox offer?
- Vitamin protocol that assures a comfortable detox without over-medicating
- Master holistic program
- Regular chiropractic treatments
- 12-step meetings at night
- A complete medical detox
- Gender specific floors to reduce the chaos common to most detox centers
- Referral services are able to visit at detox if desired
- Healthy food options
What are some other perks at Summit Detox?
- Smoke breaks
- Health food options and as well as comfort food
- Serenity lounge with computer-aided relaxation beds. The beds are attuned to your brain patterns to aid in relaxation, breathing and becoming less stressed.
After Summit Detox
What is the next step after I leave Summit Detox?
We will evaluate you and discuss if other treatment is needed, such as in-patient at another facility, outpatient treatment, or a combination. This will depend on your medical and addiction history, the intensity of the addiction or relapse, and other factors. We are here to help and guide you through this process.
If you or someone you know suffers from addiction, call Summit Detox at (888) 995-5265 today.